There is no good FD computations with poor quality mesh.
AxesSim offers a unique general mesh generation environment with a 3D graphical user interface for the finite differences in time domain method.
From a triangle mesh, Nash® can generate uniform and non uniform structured grids of orthogonal cells.
Nash® scales smoothly from little grids to very large grids (at least up to billions elements on a classical PC).
Nash®‘s file format is the open format Amelet-HDF (https://code.google.com/p/amelet-hdf/).
Nash® comes with a user friendly GUI and the following capabilities:
- Importing triangle meshes from major formats (STL, OFF, GMSH, UNV, Amelet-HDF, 3DXML, VRML)
- Handling volumes, surfaces, lines and nodes
- Management of the mesh generation process:
- Process configuration (box strategy to optimize the computation time)
- Execution of the mesh generation job
- Number of elements reduction
- Edition of the generated structured grid
- 3D view capabilities (cut plane, bounding box, grid superimposition, object rendering customization, automatically focus on a desired element, etc.)
- Interactive modification of the mesh from the 3D context (add, remove, move elements, group facilities, etc.)
- Detection algorithms (free edges and connection edges, thin wire boundaries, duplicated elements, etc.)
PDF documentation and example files