AXS-AP (Antenna Placement) is a complete and integrated simulation software environment evaluating performances of antennas installed on complex systems and calculation of decoupling between installed antennas.
AXS-AP is based on a non intrusive approach of antenna models synthesis from many sources of possible antenna characterizations.
AxesSim – Antenna Placement
Functional and operational requirements of modern transport systems lead to a function density increase, requiring transmissions and receptions (communication, positioning, radar, jamming, etc.).
The trend of antenna systems to be adapted to future platforms requires :
- antennas in compliance with the structure (stealthiness, aerodynamics, design, …)
- better performance
- association of several functions (COM, GE, …)
- wide band sensors distributed over the structure
The control of antennas performance installed on the systems represents a major industrial lift because they are :
- Considered individually in order to evaluate the impact of the system on the performance and characteristics of the antenna (input impedance, gain, directivity, etc.)
- Requested for the evaluation of operational performance of systems (scope, coverage area, DREP, etc)
- Considered concomitantly for the evaluation of the decoupling between installed antennas (S parameters, transfer function, etc.)
- Requested for radio compatibility / coexistence analysis and to minimize the mutual disturbances of the systems by their antenna ports
AXS-AP is an integrated simulation software to anticipate and predict the performance of air devices and to evaluate the decoupling between air devices installed on a platform (aircraft, ship, land vehicle, infra, …)
AXS-AP (Antenna Placement) is based on an approach allowing a unified and broadband modeling of antenna radiation
Synthesis of antenna models without precise meshing in far field and near field
Application of unified treatments on the models (compression without deteriorating the results, canonical radiation, …)
AXS-AP (Antenna Placement) simulation software generates synthetic antenna models from many data sources, characterizing the antenna to provide a relevant solution for each phase of industrial design and development cycle
From the synthetic content of the constructor’s antenna data (datasheet)
From measurement data either in dedicated environments (insight) or from measurements in free space at a specified distance
Is interfaced with main antenna modeling software and can import directly surface currents on the antenna, near and far field radiation
Models without any antenna mesh (dipolar sources) offer a great flexibility of use.
AXS-AP relies on the CuToo-FD simulation platform for the analysis of electromagnetic field of 3D structures.
Using a simulation engine based on a FDTD algorithm, the analysis is intrinsically broadband (computation realized in the time domain) without limitation of frequency validity bandwidth (full-wave method). The introduction of the antenna equivalent model in the scope is not linked to the FDTD grid:
- Free positioning of the antenna
- No constraint on the grid
AXS-AP relies on the distributed and collaborative simulation environment CuToo. Building a reusable antenna library and sharing it with other users becomes easy :
- Antenna models are reusable and independent from the mesh of the carrier
- Efficient capitalization and research capacity offered by the CuToo platform.
AXS-AP (Antenna Placement) underlying technologies
Do you have any question about our services?